Elia System Operator NV/SA holds a 100% majority stake in Eurogrid International CVBA/SCRL. Its 80 percent subsidiary Eurogrid GmbH ("Eurogrid") holds 100 percent of the shares in 50Hertz. The remaining 20 percent of Eurogrid is held by KfW Bankengruppe.
The purpose of Eurogrid is the acquisition, holding and operation of participations, in particular the participation in 50Hertz Transmission GmbH ("50Hertz"). 50Hertz Transmission GmbH in turn holds an interest in 50Hertz Offshore GmbH ("50Hertz Offshore") and other companies such as Elia Grid International SA, European Energy Exchange AG ("EEX"), Joint Allocation Office SA ("JAO"), TSCNET Services GmbH ("TSCNET") and Coreso SA ("Coreso"). In the 2018 financial year, Eurogrid mainly arranged and secured the financing of the construction and operating activities of 50Hertz.
50Hertz Transmission GmbH and its wholly-owned subsidiary 50Hertz Offshore GmbH are subsumed below under the name 50Hertz.
A STRONG GROUP OF LEADING TRANSMISSION SYSTEM OPERATORS IN EUROPE
GRI 102-1, GRI 102-10
50Hertz in Germany and Elia in Belgium together form the Elia Group. Together, they operate over 18,600 kilometers of transmission grid and thus ensure the power supply of around 30 million people. Elia and 50Hertz are committed to the energy system of the future. Since 2018, this has also been reflected in the new ownership structure. In April, Elia increased its stake in Eurogrid, the holding company of 50Hertz, by 20 percent to a total of 80 percent. Since August, KfW Bankengruppe has replaced the previous shareholder IFM and acquired its remaining 20 percent of the shares in the 50Hertz holding company Eurogrid.
GRI 102-18, GRI 102-22, GRI 102-23
Chief Technical Officer (CTO)Dr. Frank Golletz is acting CEO from1 March 2019 onwards.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)Boris Schucht left the company on28 February 2019.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Chief Markets and System Operation Officer (CMO)
Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO)(until October 2018)
Sylvia Borcherding succeeded Katharina Hermann from January 2019 onwards.
50Hertz is controlled and monitored by Eurogrid and a co-determined Supervisory Board. The Supervisory Board of 50Hertz Transmission GmbH consists of six members:
Chief Executive Officer, Elia System Operator SA-NV, Chairman
Member of the Executive Main Board, Union for the Mining, Chemical and Energy Industries, Deputy Chairman
Chief Infrastructure Officer, Elia System Operator SA-NV
Executive Director KfW
* Workers’ representatives